Monsoon is one season for which we all have mixed feelings. The rains after a long summer are such a relief but then they also make our hair and furniture go crazy. Wooden furniture expands during monsoon season due to moisture and gets ruined for worse. Furniture protection becomes mandatory in case you have wooden furniture.
Here are a few simple tricks which may come in handy while protecting your furniture from monsoons this year.
- Like all things in your home, including yourself, your furniture needs maintenance too. Now, you don’t have to go to a furniture expert for this. All you have to do is wax and oil your furniture once a year so that the wood doesn’t swell up when there is a lot of moisture in the air.
- Keep your furniture dry. Well, that is something that we all know we have to do but how do we do it? Keep your furniture away from doors and windows and don’t stick them up too close to the walls. Walls have the most moisture during monsoons.
- Another way of keeping your wooden furniture dry is to clean them with a dry cloth. Use a moist cloth only to get rid of tough stains and then again wipe it with a dry cloth.
- Naphthalene balls can be a life extender for your furniture. They are very good absorbents of moisture and can keep your cupboard or drawers dry.
- Lastly, you can avoid buying wooden furniture altogether during monsoon. You wouldn’t like to have a swollen and cracked piece of furniture at the end of monsoons, right?
Monsoon is just around the corner and there is very less time for you to start maintenance work on all of your wooden furniture. Get started with furniture protection!
Related Article: Know What’s Trending In Home Decor This Year Right Here!